Are you planning to apply for a fresh passport? What does strike your head first when you think of applying for a passport? Long queues, arranging all documents, several visits to the passport office and verification process that’s not very streamlined. Right? Getting a new passport used to be a stressful job earlier with several visits to the passport office and waiting for the verification process. But, it is no more the same.
The ministry of external affairs has made the task much easier these days. It hardly takes a week these days to get a new passport if you follow the right process. The most important part is submitting authentic essential documents. Here is a list of pointers that must be checked while submitting your application.
– You can use any of the following for address proof:
- Election ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Gas connection
- Bank passbook
- Rental agreement if staying in a rented house
- Electricity bill with current address
- Certificate from employer on letterhead with a seal and signature
– For age proof, you need one of the following documents:
- Birth certificate that has been issued by the municipal corporation.
- Aadhar Card/E-Aadhar having the date of birth of the applicant.
- Driving licence issued by the Transport Department of the concerned State Government.
- PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department.
- Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate issued by the school.
- Policy Bond issued by Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies.
- Authentic certificate issued before a magistrate.
Minimum Documents Required For Fast And Easy Passport –
Simply put, the bare minimum number of documents that will suffice to support your passport application include copies of the following:
- Aadhaar card
- Electoral photo identity card (EPIC)
- PAN card
- An affidavit in the format of Annexure-I (It declares your citizenship, family details and assures that there’s not any criminal record).
Though until now, the process for passport used to take nearly a month, with additional police verification process. This usually killed a lot of time and people used to suffer a lot. People used to get exhausted waiting for their passport even after submitting several documents. But, things have changed and made it easier and less complicated.
However, with the new process of Passport Application, the task of police verification will be done after the passport is issued. It will include no extra charges for the service. According to authorities, the new process is subject to online validation of your Aadhaar card during the processing. It will also have the granting officer’s approval. The EPIC and PAN cards can also be verified with respective databases in real time, before approving the passport application.